From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: Alexander Mieland <dma147@×××××××××××××××××××.de>
Cc: www@g.o, gentoo-user@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-announce@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some important questions to the officals of www.gentoo.org
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 22:06:35
1 > Now we want to ask, if we can have a subdomain of gentoo.org to publish
2 > it, when it is finished. The old, dead project had a subdomain, but it's
3 > down.
4
5 Um, why all the secrecy?
6
7 You'll want to talk to somebody on the infrastructure team, but I think
8 I can fairly say that the answer will be "no", unless (a) you are
9 willing to give the Gentoo infrastructure team access to your server,
10 and (b) the server satisfies the Gentoo infrastructure requirements. On
11 the other hand, if there's a clear consensus that your project is worth
12 having (and you're willing to maintain it), then I'm sure we would be
13 happy to host your project on one of our servers and provide you
14 with access to it.
15
16 -g2boojum-
17 --
18 Grant Goodyear
19 Gentoo Developer
20 g2boojum@g.o
21 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
22 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76