From: Mark Gordon <spamtrap@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: suggestion...
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:00:44
1 On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:44:50 -0700, Andy Molloy <andy@×××××.to> wrote:
2
3 >Just a friendly suggestion... In the install instructions, it might be
4 >nice to mention that you have to run rc-update on your choice of cron
5 >and logger, and even mention that you will have to do this for any
6 >service you install. For those of us more accustomed to the "we do
7 >everything for you" installers, it could save us a few minutes time.
8 >
9 >Otherwise, the instructions are very clear and easy to understand. I got
10 >Gentoo Linux up and running in no time, and am really enjoying it quite
11 >a bit!
12
13 Unless it has been changed since 16/5/02, code listing 26 does show
14 the rc-update command immediately after the emerge command.
15 --
16 Mark Gordon
17 Started work on my first Gentoo system on 16/5/02