From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] app-arch ambiguous?
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 01:43:47
1 On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:28:01 -0800 Anthony Gorecki
2 <agorecki@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 | On Tuesday, March 22, 2005 5:17 pm, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 | > Have you any idea just how frickin' hard that would be?
5 |
6 | Unfortunately. A few simple scripts could be made to shorten the
7 | required amount of manual conversions; at the least, it would be
8 | nothing like segregating the KDE ebuilds again. If all else fails,
9 | I'm certain that we could enslave ferringb and assign him to the
10 | task.
11
12 We have the script. The script isn't the problem.
13
14 | > The names are
15 | > nice, clear, concise and obvious to people who have to work with
16 | > them on a regular basis.
17 |
18 | "NGSCB" is perfectly clear to many Microsoft employees and those with
19 | an obfuscation shredder-- it may not be so clear to end users, news
20 | reporters and potential critics. Likewise, having a category named as
21 | a single letter, for example, might be perfectly clear to the
22 | developers and developer community members, but it would be obscure
23 | to everyone else.
24
25 That's ok, everyone else is using the newly committed long descriptions
26 that were made for that purpose.
29 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
30 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
31 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm