From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] punting USE=diet
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:23:57
1 On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 22:53 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > packages which look like they have a funky dietlibc dependency:
3
4 > sys-apps/kudzu-knoppix
5
6 Actually, it is both sys-apps/kudzu and sys-apps/kudzu-knoppix which
7 require dietlibc for compiling the entire package. At least, the
8 Makefile uses it and I haven't taken time to try to patch it to use
9 "normal" compiling. However, I have just added a libkudzu-knoppix
10 ebuild to the tree, which does not use dietlibc. The idea is to remove
11 kudzu/kudzu-knoppix in the future for libkudzu/libkudzu-knoppix, since
12 the full versions don't work on Gentoo properly without a lot of extra
13 work, and we use just the library for building our releases.
16 Chris Gianelloni
18 Games - Developer
19 Gentoo Linux