From: Richard Yao <ryao@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] udev-ng? (Was: Summary Council meeting Tuesday 13 November 2012)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 22:31:04
1 On 11/19/2012 02:40 PM, Greg KH wrote:
2 > On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 05:35:22PM +0100, Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike) wrote:
3 >> El 18/11/12 04:39, Greg KH escribió:
4 >>> Anyway, I now see a _very_ dangerous commit in the "Copyright" branch
5 >>> that better not get merged into the tree, as it's wrong, and illegal
6 >>> under all countries that follow the "normal" body of Copyright Law. It
7 >>> should be removed right now before someone gets into trouble, not the
8 >>> least of which would be the orginization that the copyright is now being
9 >>> attributed to.
10 >> So I made a mistake coming out from a missunderstanding on a commit on a
11 >> branch that didn't even get merged since I was expecting approval from
12 >> somebody else before that. Cool. The amount of damage caused by this
13 >> action is around the same as publishing a patch and not applying it.
14 >
15 > Not really, having it in the repo worried a lot of people, as it was not
16 > an acceptable thing to do.
17
18 Would you elaborate on who these people are?