From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] DevRel policy update
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 22:33:55
1 Wulf C. Krueger wrote:
2 > How to gain power the easy way and obsolete conflict resolution in just
3 > one commit:
4 >
5 > http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo/xml/htdocs/proj/en/devrel/policy.xml?r1=1.18&r2=1.19
8 Those are quite strong words.
9
10 As grobian said it doesn't change at all what has been the normal way to
11 address certain situations.
12
13 The council has the last word as usual and the council can ask infra to
14 perform such tasks.
15
16 We spend time on gentoo not because we seek power but because we like
17 help improving something we consider valuable.
18
19 Having an extrema ratio/last resort in order to protect it isn't that
20 uncommon.
21
22 Council was notified in advance of the written policy change and
23 approved it.
24
25 musikc never abused her position and I'm confident she won't in the future.
26
27 On the other hand we got MANY complaints about your behavior lately.
31 Luca Barbato
32 Gentoo Council Member
33 Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC
34 http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero