From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] more broken depednencies
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 03:06:08
1 begin quote
2 On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 20:22:53 -0500
3 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
4
5 > On Saturday 27 December 2003 19:24, Spider wrote:
6 > > Oh yes! even more.
7 > >
8 > > Can people who feel like it take a look for all builds that contain
9 > > the
10 > > word "newdepend" and think at least twice? remember.. newdepend
11 > > means that RDEPEND won't be set (unless you do newrdepend) which
12 > > means that the package will be broken in GRP situations.
13 > >
14 > > (Yep, its a known fact that all of KDE is broken and unless fixed
15 > > cannot be reliably distributed on our next release.)
16 >
17 > the newXdepend's should only be used in eclasses
20 Even worse, there are ~300 ebuilds in the tree that uses them.
23 //Spider
26 begin .signature
27 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
29 end