From: Christian Bricart <christian@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] missing ide discs mapping is udev's fault?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 07:33:44
1 Hi,
2
3 yesterday I've noticed, that some mappings in /dev/discs are missing on
4 my machine.
5 Actually I have an additional ATA controller with some discs attached.
6 So I have /dev/hda through /dev/hdl which are ok. But the mappings to
7 /dev/discs/discX with X > 7 are missing.
8
9 Whose fault would that be in the first case? hot- or coldplug? udev?
10 I've looked through /etc/udev/scripts/ide-devfs.sh but could not find
11 anything wrong there so far.
12
13 I've noticed he missing mappings as e.g. /etc/init.d/hdparm loops
14 through /dev/discs/discX to set params for all discs attached and thus
15 misses the last two.
16
17 I wanted to file a bug report, but I'm not certain if it's actually
18 udev's fault.
19
20 Christian
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list