From: Christian Bricart <christian@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] missing ide discs mapping is udev's fault?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 07:33:44
Hi,

yesterday I've noticed, that some mappings in /dev/discs are missing on
my machine.
Actually I have an additional ATA controller with some discs attached.
So I have /dev/hda through /dev/hdl which are ok. But the mappings to
/dev/discs/discX with X > 7 are missing.

Whose fault would that be in the first case? hot- or coldplug? udev?
I've looked through /etc/udev/scripts/ide-devfs.sh but could not find
anything wrong there so far.

I've noticed he missing mappings as e.g. /etc/init.d/hdparm loops
through /dev/discs/discX to set params for all discs attached and thus
misses the last two.

I wanted to file a bug report, but I'm not certain if it's actually
udev's fault.

Christian