From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New git.eclass
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 22:06:10
1 Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > Simple case - consider a disconnected machine, that you use sneakernet
3 > to get files to - I've had a few in the past where the hardware was new
4 > enough that networking was broken or not supported yet, and I had to try
5 > a few patches and snapshots before actually getting it to work.
6
7 I don't see much of an effective difference here. Both ways you've gotta
8 burn files to disk and copy 'em over.
9
10 > Another case might be a machine where HTTP/FTP access is allowed out via
11 > a filter proxy, but not anything else (I've had a few cases like this in
12 > doing Gentoo consulting).
13
14 git clone
15 http://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git