From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP ??: Critical News Reporting
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 16:47:57
1 On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 10:58 -0500, Nathan L. Adams wrote:
2 > I've done several Gentoo installs and never knew the plain text versions
3 > existed. I think you might want to check the assumption that just
4 > because they exists they are widely known (and if they aren't known to
5 > exist, they don't do squat for the end user). Surely we're not going to
6 > delve into an arguement over whether the web is the best way to
7 > distribute information...
8
9 Ehh...
10
11 It is listed in the MOTD on the installation media. I'm not making any
12 assumptions on this. It's really not our fault when the user base
13 doesn't read what is sitting in front of them, plainly on the screen.
14
15 Thank you for proving my point.
18 Chris Gianelloni
19 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead