From: Tyler Pohl <tylerapohl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is the $Id$ line in our ebuilds still useful?
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 16:18:52
1 Can someone please tell me how to get off this mailing list? Please please
2 please
3 On Aug 13, 2015 8:37 AM, "William Hubbs" <williamh@g.o> wrote:
4
5 > All,
6 >
7 > I understood the usefulness of this line to some when we were using CVS
8 > since it expanded into the ebuild revision, date, etc.
9 >
10 > This expansion doesn't take place under git, so now I don't understand
11 > the usefulness of this line. If I have missed something, can someone
12 > fill me in, or if it isn't useful any more can we consider removing it?
13 >
14 > Thanks,
15 >
16 > William