From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Replacing cpu-feature USE flags
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 00:35:04
1 On Friday 07 July 2006 02:20, Danny van Dyk wrote:
2 > Ehm, no. Athlon64 can also optionally include: sse3 (for latest
3 > steppings) and xchg16 (which is a bit older already)
4 That is the point, if they ask "-march=athlon64" they get the base athlon64.
5 If you add "-msse3" (as you should if you have an Athlon64 capable of SSE3)
6 you get the whole stuff with sse3 support too. For free!
7
8 > Afaik Pentium4 has support for xchg16 since the very beginning.
9 I don't remember any useflag for that, and I don't seem to find that
10 instruction reported in gcc's documentation, so I cannot comment on that.
13 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
14 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE