Please help testing the new ebuild for dev/db-firebird. It's currently marked
as ~x86, so make sure to have it in ACCEPT_KEYWORDS.
This ebuild should close bugs #15071 and #16237. It features the following
- Kills lingering gds_lock_mgr processes left after emerging (#15071)
- latest stable firebird release - 184.108.40.2062 (#16237)
- firebird placed under /etc/xinet.d (disabled by default)
- 70firebird placed under env.d to add PATH, ROOT_PATH and CONFIG_PROTECT
- config function to add gds_db to /etc/services
- isc4.gdb and isc_config moved to /etc/firebird and symlinks to them under
/opt/interbase added. This will prevent fututre emerges from overwriting the
passwords db (which is the current situation).
Right now it is just for the classic (i.e: inet) server. The super (i.e.:
standalone daemon) will be added hopefully soon.
Please backup your current isc4.gdb if you have any and move it to
/opt/firebird after emerge.
firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list