From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Move x86/amd64 CPU extensions USE flags to a new USE_EXPAND variable
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 19:04:40
1 On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 20:01, Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
2 > I agree that this could be better. To me, most of the problems with
3 > this are due to users not knowing which of these should be set for
4 > their particular CPU.
5 >
6 > Instead of having defaults set by a profile, I'd like to figure out a
7 > way we can have these flags set by default dependent on the user's
8 > CPU. This might require some additional logic in portage; I don't
9 > know.
10
11 Yeah, I think setting the best possible default is important here.
12
13 Cheers,
14
15 Dirkjan