From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] more up to date minimal install cd
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 13:52:35
1 On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 11:49:25AM +0100, Marijn Schouten (hkBst) wrote:
2 > I was wondering what is keeping us from releasing a minimal install cd more often than we do now.
3 > Isn't almost everything needed for it already in the stable tree and thus tested? And if so isn't
4 > it possible to fully automate generation of these cd's?
5 As agaffney points out, it's more that our actual CD releases are
6 intended to be well tested. While we could do daily builds of the
7 install CD, you really would not gain much beyond minor hardware fixes.
8
9 As opposed to minimal CDs, I would see weekly builds of stage3 tarballs
10 to be much more useful.
13 Robin Hugh Johnson
14 Gentoo Linux Developer
15 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
16 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85