From: Alistair Bush <ali_bush@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: List of User projects
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 10:21:52
2 > So you mention openrc, but don't have it on the list?
5 Yes because openrc isn't really gentoo-specific. I don't want the list
6 blowing out to include ever package in the entire tree. ie. Thanking gcc for
7 contributing to gentoo.
8
9 Note this doesn't mean that openrc won't be on the list. I think that in this
10 case the dev has worked closely enough with gentoo to deserve acknowledgment.
11 (being a former dev might have helped that :) )
12
13 Maybe it will be in a "Non-Gentoo specific" section of the list, or something.
14 My point at the moment is to distinguish it from something like
15 pkgcore/paludis which were developed with gentoo firmly as the target platform.
16
17 > FWIW, I've not looked, but I think a number of the portage helpers are
18 > non-gentoo-dev developed, and certainly a number previously were, that
19 > have ultimately been folded back into portage and/or gentoolkit in someway
20 > or another now. I'm sure someone from one of those projects can list
21 > several of them without even looking.
22
23 Well i'm more interested in what is being developed verses what were
24 developed. But that is an interesting possibility, not surprising but
25 interesting none the less.