From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Please don't turn this into a pissing match. (was: pkg_pretend USE validation and VALID_USE alternative)
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 21:15:41
1 On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 6:56 PM, Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 1 April 2010 19:23, Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o> wrote:
3 >> I don't want to point fingers in any one direction, [...] but I would
4 >> really like it if the volatile mix of paludis/pkgcore developers would
5 >> not explode all over the mailing list. Please don't let the discussions
6 >> get personal.
7 >
8 > But you _should_ point fingers. The only way to make sure we have
9 > civil discussions is to point out bad behavior and let people know
10 > we don't tolerate that. And when such behavior is displayed
11 > repeatedly, we should exclude such people from taking part in
12 > our discussions. We don't need poisonous people, so let's
13 > get rid of them.
16 I didn't personally point fingers in this case because me doing so in
17 that discussion would not have been taken as a neutral party stance.
18 Besides both sides were being childish; and sending one mail is easier
19 than 2-3 ;p
20
21 Neutral parties are constantly encouraged to put a stop to anti-social
22 behaviour by polite means (and escalate when necessary). We don't like
23 to see bytes being wasted on unproductive discussions, but we don't
24 want a witch-hunt either :)
27 ~Nirbheek Chauhan
28
29 Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team