From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some council topics for March meeting
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 14:17:24
1 On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 05:57:35 -0800 Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 > On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 01:44:24PM +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > > On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 11:35:51 +0100 Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
5 > > wrote:
6 > > > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
7 > > > > I find it amusing that no-one complaining about this has
8 > > > > actually asked to see it.
9 > > >
10 > > > I think ferringb did, just not very successfully.
11 > >
12 > > Not so far as I've heard...
13 >
14 > Well, stop hitting the pipe.
15 > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/46163
16 > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/46178
17
18 And you've already been told why I'd rather you didn't have it. In any
19 case, you've been told to ask spb if you want it, and I suspect he has
20 better things to do with his time than read these threads properly.
21
22 > Two angles on the behaviour BS; either related to the fact I'm dead
23 > set on the spec reflecting portage behaviour, and being finished, or
24 > it's related to the fact the paludis devs generally speaking would be
25 > the first group of folks lining up to kick me in the balls.
26
27 No, it's that you're dead set on derailing it and being as unhelpful as
28 possible. You have absolutely nothing to contribute, as evidenced by
29 every previous time you've gotten involved with anything I've done, and
30 given how badly you tried to screw up GLEP 42 and how much of my time
31 you wasted doing so, I really don't want to deal with your noise ever
32 again. You also have a lot to gain by wrecking the process, and your
33 past behaviour has shown that you'll stoop to any kind of dirty
34 trickery and abuse of the system that you think you can get away with
35 rather than having a proper technical discussion.
36
37 Frame it any way you want, but so far as I'm concerned there is nothing
38 of value you can possibly provide that would make up for the headache
39 of having to handle your own unique form of input.
40
41 But hey, it's up to spb, not me. Try emailing him if you want access. I
42 couldn't give you svn access even if I wanted to.
45 Ciaran McCreesh
46 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
47 Web : http://ciaranm.org/
48 Paludis, the secure package manager : http://paludis.pioto.org/