From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: useflag policies
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 16:23:19
1 On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 10:42 AM, Michael Palimaka
2 <kensington@g.o> wrote:
3 > On 12/08/15 00:29, Rich Freeman wrote:
4 >>
5 >> I realize this is frustrating and contentious, but I think we're
6 >> better off hashing this out, and implementing something reasonable,
7 >> than having a bazillion different conventions that users have to deal
8 >> with. Usually I prefer maintainer autonomy, but this is just one of
9 >> those times it doesn't make sense.
12 > Isn't this moving towards a situation that we used GLEP 39 to remove?
15 Fair enough. I don't really have a problem with the qt team proposing
16 a policy and having QA or the Council bless it. Or having a more
17 general policy and the QA policy is just an instance of it.
20 Rich