From: Haas Wernfried <w.haas@×××××××××××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 38: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:10:38
1 On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 10:34:35AM -0400, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > Honestly, we call everyone with an @gentoo.org address a developer,
3 > whether they are a "developer" (CVS access) or not.
4
5 There have been heavy objections against that when we presented the
6 first draft of the glep using the term developer, even though we
7 stated not needing CVS access - so we chose the term staff.
8 Tbh, i don't care at all if it's called staff or developer, just make
9 it an official member.
10
11 About the status of the forums and being official or not:
12 Remember the mess with stats.gentoo.org? The people working on it
13 wanted to use this domain and therefor it was suggested that they
14 needed to be developers. Please don't get me wrong and this is
15 definitely no attemt to revive that discussion, but if
16 stats.gentoo.org is official and needs official members, the forums
17 should be considered and have official members, too (called staff
18 or developers or forums-monkeys).
19
20 Anyway, the intention of the GLEP is to solve this problem and not to
21 turn gentoo-dev into a flamefest. ;-)
22
23 cheers,
24 Wernfried
27 Fppmpppffpppmpfpffmffmppmpm Mfpmmmmmmfmm
29 mfpfmpfmppfm://fpfppffpmmpppff.ppmfmfmpm.mmmfmp/~mmmppmpppmpppppmffppfppp/
30 http://www.namesuppressed.com/kenny/
31 --
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list