From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] glibc: pt_chown setuid going away by default
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 19:31:35
1 On Wednesday 10 April 2013 14:56:26 Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 1:15 AM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3 > > tl;dr: make sure your /dev/pts is mounted correctly w/gid=5 or bad things
4 > > will happen and it's (probably) all your fault
5 >
6 > So, who is this directed to?
7
8 any dev who maintains systems that handle initial mounting, or knows of random
9 edge cases in the tree that might run into this. i can't exactly grep our
10 entire code base looking for devpts mounters.
11
12 > If this is to anybody who uses Gentoo,
13 > then at best this should be a place to hash out the contents of the
14 > news item. We don't expect Gentoo users to read -dev.
15
16 users will be informed of the problem when the ebuild fails and then can
17 trivially resolve it at that point. this should impact very few (if any)
18 users, so i don't think a news item makes sense.
19
20 > Certainly the
21 > maintainers of anything that mounts /dev/pts
22 > (OpenRC/SystemD/baselayout?) should take heed.
23
24 the maintainers are reading -dev
25 -mike