From: Christian Birchinger <joker@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 17:32:05
1 On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 05:54:36PM +0200, Christian Hartmann wrote:
2 > > Not realistic. It means that any new package manager can't do anything
3 > > new. I'd also like to point out that you can't upgrade to a new Portage
4 > > version, install some things, downgrade to an older Portage version and
5 > > expect things to carry on working.
6 >
7 > This, funnily enough, is what people consider being a fork.
8 >
9 > While you are at it, why don't you just fork the portage tree? By doing so you
10 > would have the freedom to do whatever you want to do without keeping gentoo
11 > busy reading your mails.
12
13 I'm interested so please talk only for yourself and not for
14 gentoo asa whole. Thanks.
15
16 Christian
17 --