From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] IUSE and LINGUAS?
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 11:37:12
1 On Monday 30 January 2006 20:54, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 20:46:28 +0900 Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | On Monday 30 January 2006 16:43, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
5 > | > On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 06:17:36 +0100 "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò"
6 > | > <flameeyes@g.o> wrote:
7 > | > | Also, as repoman complain about linguas_blabla not being a valid
8 > | > | useflags, all the linguas_* useflags should be listed in use.desc
9 > | >
10 > | > No, part of the point of USE_EXPAND is that they shouldn't. This is
11 > | > a repoman bug.
12 > |
13 > | I have yet to be enlightened on any merit of USE_EXPAND is so perhaps
14 > | you could explain as to why there should be
15 > | user-configured-yet-undocumented options for ebuilds? More precisely,
16 > | how should they be documented if not via use.desc?
17 >
18 > 1. Because for things like LINGUAS, there are arbitrarily many legal
19 > values, and documenting them all and keeping the list up to date would
20 > be extremely difficult.
21
22 "More precisely, how should they be documented if not via use.desc?"
23
24 > 2. Because USE_EXPAND is used for special USE things like arch and
25 > userland, and because we undocumented the special arch USE flags
26 > because they're not user settable.
27
28 These variables are internal and not meant to be user configurable.
31 Jason Stubbs
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list