From: Fred Van Andel <fava@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reducing the size of distfiles for our mirrors
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 20:27:08
1 Rainer Groesslinger <scandium@g.o> wrote:
2 (07/22/2003 06:24)
3
4 >I think we could save a lot of bandwidth _and_ space if such files aren't
5 >placed on the gentoo mirrors if not absolutly neccessary, I don't see a real
6 >reason why we need to put hundreds of files on the gentoo mirrors which are
7 >already stored on a very good mirroring system.
8
9 I am working on a p2p system specifically for distrubuting the contents of our distfile mirrors. I hope to have proof of concept code ready for review in a couple of weeks.
10
11 Fred Van Andel
12 fava@g.o
13 GPG KeyID: 76526AD599455482
14 GPG fingerprint: 64E4 4BAB 9C99 D565 3E3C F5D0 7652 6AD5 9945 5482
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list