From: "John D. Robinson" <strider@××××××.net>
To: Philippe Coulonges <cphil@×××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Getting rid of nautilus
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 23:35:34
1 I'm not sure I can answer your question exactly; I'd venture to say that
2 you probably can be rid of Nautilus entirely. But achieving the UI
3 result you're looking for at least is simple; Gconf can turn off the
4 background icons. In gconf-editor, browse to
5 /apps/nautilus/preferences/X, where X is 'desktop_is_home_dir' and
6 'show_desktop'. Un-set those items, and the background will disappear.
7 Without that necessity, at least on my system, Nautilus never loads
8 unless you order it to explicitly.
9
10 - John
11
12 Philippe Coulonges wrote:
13 > I use gnome and I like it.
14 > But I don't use nautilus.
15 > I don't like it as a file manager and I don't like it as a desktop
16 > manager.
17 > In fact I don't want any desktop manager. I like a clean background and
18 > all my icons in panels.
19 >
20 > Do you think it's possible to have gnome without nautilus dependencies ?
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list