From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Missing: Universal-CD - Gentoo discriminates shell and networkless users
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 19:16:34
1 On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 12:18 -0400, Caleb Cushing wrote:
2 > I fear the idea that valid bugs may be closed do to a -march=i586.
3
4 If they're a bug dealing with an issue only present on < i686, then yes,
5 they likely would be, at least for release media, unless you also
6 provide a patch. This is what being "unsupported" means. Now, if you
7 give me a patch for some bug that only affects < i686, I'll apply it,
8 provided it doesn't break >= i686, but I simply don't have the time to
9 support < i686 with the release media anymore.
10
11 By the way, the stage1 tarball and Minimal InstallCD are both built as
12 "i386" and will remain that way for the foreseeable future.
15 Chris Gianelloni
16 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
17 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
18 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
19 Gentoo Foundation