From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] installing portage in another directory structure
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 21:14:23
1 On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 22:46, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 20 May 2003 22:30, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Actually no. Most stuff use variables set by portage, with only two or
5 > > three packages using hardcoded:
6 >
7 > No, I was more thinking in the direction of /etc and other such locations.
8 > Many packages are hardcoded to install in /usr with the config in /etc . Of
9 > course there are also enough packages that use econf (and so would be easier
10 > to change).
13 Hmm, right. Ok, so I did not read the whole thread :P I thought
14 you were only talking about moving the tree to /opt.
17 Cheers,
21 Martin Schlemmer
22 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
23 Cape Town, South Africa