From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge -C eselect-python disaster
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:07:01
Petteri Räty wrote:
> On 25.1.2010 13.30, Petteri Räty wrote: >>> >>> So there is already a option that is the reverse of -n ? >>> >>> Dale >>> >>> :-) :-) >> >> >> You would first have to define the reverse to avoid misunderstanding. >> >> --noreplace (-n) >> Skips the packages specified on the command-line that have already been >> installed. >> >> Reverse: Install packages that are not already installed >> >> - This is what Portage does by default >> >> Reverse: Skips packages that are not installed >> >> - Makes no sense with installation actions. Is this what you mean? >> >> pena betelgeuse # emerge --depclean foobar >> >>> No packages selected for removal by depclean >> >> Regards, >> Petteri >> > > I should also add that this is not a user support mailing list as > there's gentoo-user for that purpose. I think the original purpose of > the thread was already fulfilled. > > Regards, > Petteri > >
Definition of reverse -n option. emerge --remove-from-world pidgin That would remove the entry pidgin from the world file. Then a user could use --depclean to remove pidgin and other dependencies that are no longer needed. There would be no need to use -C in that case. I am subscribed to -user as well. I been using Gentoo since the 1.4 days. This is about improving portage which is a good thing to talk about here. The devs do it, not the user. ;-) Also, I already know how to use portage pretty good. I'm not asking for support just trying to improve things. Dale :-) :-)

Subject Author
[gentoo-dev] Re: emerge -C eselect-python disaster Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge -C eselect-python disaster "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>