From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, seemant@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Herds, Teams and Projects
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 01:41:26
1 > Is there a reason for this besides the definitions not falling into
2 > place as they should? I'm not seeing a benefit from this to be honest.
3 > People refer to teams as herds a lot of the time. It has become a
4 > statement over time that people understand. I'm not sure why we want to
5 > try and change that to something else, even if that was what it was
6 > supposed to mean to begin with.
7
8 It's a niggling thing and nothing major as such. But ideas flow from
9 concepts. And the idea that developers are in herds is not a solid
10 concept from which to begin.
11
12 While the Ciaran episode has come to an end, the circumstances that led
13 to that episode have not changed: mutual respect for fellow developers.
14 That is the idea. The concept should lay that down: a developer is not
15 a mindless follower, but a human being and a talented developer worthy
16 of respect.
17
18 This is a very small issue in the scheme of things, and a small hole to
19 fill. I'd rather fill it in now :)
20
21 Because it's supposed to be fun, too.
22
23 Thanks,
24
25 Seemant