From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] making dodoc and dohtml die when they fail and stricter is on
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 01:29:28
1 On Monday 26 December 2005 00:32, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > > Currently there are quite a few ebuilds in the tree that execute dodoc
3 > > or dohtml for files that do not exist. I think it would be nice to have
4 > > ebuilds die if this is the case.
5 I wouldn't like this.
6 The reason is, they are also used in eclasses that might be generic; while for
7 example kde eclass checks for the presence of files before dodoc-ing them, I
8 would rather see it ignore the actually presence or less of the files, and
9 just dodoc the one that exists, without failing if some does not exists.
10
11 One can be reasonably safe that it will find AUTHORS ChangeLog README NEWS and
12 TODO files in generic packages, if they follow GNUs style for example, but
13 sometimes they can be missing.
14
15 I'd rather not see the change.
18 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
19 Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE