From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Jacob Godserv <jacobgodserv@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New global use flag: vpx or vp8
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 18:52:16
On Saturday, July 31, 2010 14:27:14 Jacob Godserv wrote:
> Honestly not sure what convention is for naming, but I found this > recently, and thought I might throw it out there: > > ~ $ euse -i lame > .... > [+ C ] lame - Prefer using LAME libraries for MP3 encoding support > .... > > While, as a user, I prefer this to be mp3, I also understand there may > be more than one library for such-and-so, so I'm willing to read up on > USE flags to find out which is the best to use. Overall, I would prefer > naming according to the names of the libraries they'll enable.
that example isnt relevant. notice how the description includes the word "prefer" and isnt just "enable mp3 support". USE=mp3 is how you get mp3 support. if there are multiple options (like ffmpeg or lame or mpg123 or something else), then USE=lame shows up to select one particular implementation over another. but it would still be: USE="mp3 lame" -mike

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] New global use flag: vpx or vp8 Steve Dibb <beandog@g.o>