From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage Feature Request: making thirdpartymirrors easier to manage
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 07:59:19
1 On 1/6/14, 9:20 PM, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > This is a small feature request, but it will require a modification to
3 > PMS, so I describe it here.
4 >
5 > The present thirdpartymirrors file is unwieldy, and difficult to manage
6 > due to it's format with very long lines. It also doesn't permit easy
7 > comments. Presently commits to it look very ugly, because diffs are
8 > line-based, and we pack a lot into each line.
9 >
10 > I would like to make it a directory instead of a single file, and extend
11 > the internal syntax.
12
13 +1 for the general direction.
14
15 I think for the final PMS change it would need to be made even more
16 precise (some thoughts have been expressed in the thread).
17
18 Paweł