From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Need clear semantics for packages with binary entities
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 16:28:42
1 On 12/28/2015 10:24 AM, trupanka@×××××.com wrote:
2 > I’m suffering from the fact that users can distinguish packages containing
3 > binaries just by eye. There is no mechanism to allow/ignore such packages.
4 > For license restrictions we have ‘package.license/’ whitelist.
5
6 We can use the PROPERTIES variable (or alternatively the RESTRICT
7 variable) to tag this information in the ebuild. Portage has a
8 ACCEPT_PROPERTIES configuration variable, and a package.properties file
9 that can be used to mask and unmask packages based on PROPERTIES. It
10 would be useful to be able to do this with "live" ebuilds too...
11 --
12 Thanks,
13 Zac