From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 19:56:23
1 On 09-01-2018 22:20:56 +0100, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > If, as a non-developer, you want to participate in a discussion on
3 > gentoo-dev,
4 > - either reply directly to the author of a list mail and ask him/her to
5 > forward your message,
6 > - or ask any Gentoo developer of your choice to get you whitelisted.
7 >
8 > If, as a developer, you want to have someone whitelisted, please comment on
9 > bug 644070 [3]. Similar to Bugzilla editbugs permission, if you are vouching
10 > for a contributor you are expected to keep an eye on their activity.
11
12 For the record, I do not like this decision. Not just because it puts a
13 burden on developers to become comrel agents. A technical solution like
14 this, doesn't solve the actual problem. Unfortunately this solution
15 destroys much more than it intends to fix, which is a loss for Gentoo.
16
17 Since this turns -dev into -core-light, I suggest to anyone who doesn't
18 like this direction that we move discussions to -project instead.
19
20 Thanks,
21 Fabian
24 Fabian Groffen