From: Andrew Cowie <andrew@×××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] **HEADS UP** Apache2 + MySQL4 moving to stable status
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 01:30:03
1 Speaking about how not to have apache2 show up on your system,
2 On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 06:47, Ian Truelsen wrote:
3 > The easiest way to accomplish this is to create the file
4 > /etc/portage/profiles/package.mask and populate it with:
5 >
6 > >=net-www/apache-2.0.47
7
8 I nosed around my system and discovered I don't have an /etc/portage. I
9 do have a /usr/portage of course, with a profiles/packages.mask in it.
10
11 In my make.globals, PORTDIR=/usr/portage, and that seems to be the value
12 inherited by emerge. Fair enough, but I'm a little worried about mention
13 of /etc/portage. Is that an override? Is that a different value of
14 PORTDIR? Should I (everyone) be migrating? Is this something baselayout
15 or portage should have created on an upgrade?
16
17 AfC
20 Andrew Frederick Cowie
21 Operational Dynamics Consulting Pty Ltd
22
23 Australia +61 2 9977 6866 North America +1 646 270 5376
24
25 http://www.operationaldynamics.com/
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list