From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: Stuart Herbert <stuart@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How to make my own Stage 3 tarballs?
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 00:15:30
1 On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 12:41:48AM +0100, Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > Hi there,
3 >
4 > I hope this isn't considered off-topic.
5 >
6 > I'm interested in being able to put a copy of Gentoo onto a new machine in
7 > the shortest possible time. At the moment, it would seem that a Stage 3
8 > tarball is the quickest way to achieve this.
9 >
10 > I've read the documentation on gentoo.org about building stage tarballs.
11 > How do I go about getting a copy of the gentoo-src module, so that I can
12 > make my own tarballs?
15 You're in luck. I just packaged up stager for someone recently.
16
17 Get this tarball. Instructions have changed slightly - read
18 stager.README and ChangeLog.
19
20 http://cvs.gentoo.org/~avenj/stager-06062003.tar.bz2
21
22 If you get stuck with it, feel free to contact me.
25 Jon Portnoy
26 avenj/irc.freenode.net
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list