From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Lifting the HOMEPAGE requirement for ebuilds
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 20:21:14
1 >>>>> On Sun, 13 Jan 2013, Micha³ Górny wrote:
2
3 >> How does something not have a homepage? If upstream is gone, then by
4 >> definition, gentoo's the "upstream" as we're distributing it, so
5 >> gentoo.org becomes the homepage.
6
7 > If something is a six-liner made by Gentoo and for Gentoo, noone cares
8 > enough to create a homepage for it.
9
10 Then you could use your project page, or the gitweb of the repo.
11 Or create a wiki page, this doesn't take more than ten minutes.
12
13 > http://gentoo.org is the most useless 'homepage' value you can use. It
14 > doesn't mean anything, and especially you aren't going to find a piece
15 > of information on the software on that site.
16
17 It is still better than leaving the field empty, even if its only
18 meaning is "Gentoo is upstream for this package." And I'm sure that in
19 most cases a better homepage can be found.
20
21 Ulrich