From: "Tomáš Chvátal" <tomas.chvatal@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in virtual/ffmpeg: ffmpeg-9.ebuild ChangeLog ffmpeg-0.10.2-r1.ebuild
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 09:42:04
1 2013/1/17 Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>:
2 > On 16 January 2013 20:09, Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On Wed, 16 Jan 2013 12:40:02 +0000 (UTC)
4 >> "Tomas Chvatal (scarabeus)" <scarabeus@g.o> wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> scarabeus 13/01/16 12:40:02
7 >>>
8 >>> Modified: ChangeLog
9 >>> Added: ffmpeg-9.ebuild
10 >>> Removed: ffmpeg-0.10.2-r1.ebuild
11 >>> Log:
12 >>> Add new virtual for 1.1/9 series. Masked. Also it has switched dep
13 >>> order as will be announced upon unmasking.
14 >>
15 >> ... and since we are committing silently without any real discussion I
16 >> will switch the dep order again and announce it much later without
17 >> leaving room for discussion :)
18 >>
19 >> More seriously: Why ? Who decided this ?
20 >
21 > I agree. This is a big change so there should be a discussion about
22 > this or at least an announcement that this is going to happen on the
23 > Xth of February. Did you actually test that the tree is ready for
24 > libav as the default ffmpeg provider?
27 Yep I did test it. On stable there is nothing broken and right now
28 even mplayer1 compiles fine.
29
30 On testing there should be nothing broken apart from xbmc, where
31 Alexis is one of upstream devs and he seems not to give fuck about
32 making it work under both.
33
34 Also Samuli broke it yesterday because he seems not to be bothered
35 about fixing reverse dependencies with cdio update (but again it seems
36 simple to test and fix which will be done when I am not working and
37 have time to test it properly).
38
39 So yes it works and should not pose any issues to user. I also
40 announced it over blog to get people report more issues they find out
41 so I can be really sure it works out. It turned out the mplayer1
42 really needs to work under both, which I patched yesterday for stable
43 libav and Luca today for masked libav to work.
44
45 So overall we are in green numbers if few people didn't break it on
46 purpose or just for the ignorance.
47
48 The only weird stuff might be for migrating users that they have to
49 use "emerge -C ffmpeg && emerge -1v libav libpostproc" as a postproc
50 is not yet split out of ffmpeg. But even that could be discussed and
51 we can switch to split libpostproc under both libs to have matching
52 deps (even ffmpeg has --disable-postrpoc switch :)).
53
54 Tom