From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] importsettings vs importconfigsettings?
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 12:21:38
1 On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 11:56:14AM -0700, Pete Gavin wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Whats the difference between the import-settings and import-configsettings
5 > scripts? I looked at the source in portage.py but I couldn't see any
6 > difference.
7 >
8 > Pete
9
10 The import-settings can be overridden by an environment variable, but the
11 import-configsettings ignore any environment variables with the same name
12 and get their value straight from make.conf and make.defaults.
13
14 Best Regards,
17 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
18 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org