From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Anyone use wolk-sources?
Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 01:04:13
1 On Sun, 2005-05-01 at 00:47 +0100, Daniel Drake wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm considering masking wolk-sources and removing it from the tree. Do any
5 > people still have a good reason to use wolk-sources?
6 >
7 > wolk-sources is a heavily patched Linux 2.4 kernel which lacks upstream
8 > maintenance - the newest version being based on Linux 2.4.20.
9 >
10 > Any objections?
11
12 I was actually just thinking about WOLK today and how I never got around
13 to putting the newest builds in the tree. For now keep them in there.
14 I'll email upstream to see if whats the status on development for WOLK
15 these days. The mailing lists have been quiet for the most part, so
16 we'll see. It may be based on 2.4.20 but its no where near to what
17 2.4.20 is ;). Its closer to a 2.6 kernel by now with its latest
18 versions.
19
20 Infra currently decommissioned to the two boxes we were running WOLK on,
21 so we don't currently have a need for it from that side of things.
22
23 I'll report back when I find out whats going on!
26 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
27 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
28
29 ---
30 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
31 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
32
33 ramereth/irc.freenode.net