From: Aron Griffis <aron.griffis@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] emake question
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 13:09:30
1 Hello,
2
3 I'm looking at emake, trying to understand what is being accomplished.
4 It seems useless to me, though I'll be quite happy if told that I'm
5 wrong.
6
7 (1) It claims to "auto-parallel make without the annoying syntax". But
8 it does nothing to parallelize the make process that I can see.
9
10 (2) It uses env, which does nothing in this case.
11
12 (3) It uses a variable MAKEOPTS to pass options along to sub-makes.
13 Isn't that redundant to GNU make's built in MAKEFLAGS (which are set
14 and passed to sub-makes automatically)?
15
16 Thanks,
17 Aron