From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Keys and words: ways to fail your team
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:05:22
1 On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 16:30 -0700, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh wrote:
2 > > but I have a dev in the
3 > >dotnet herd who's really pretty upset right now as a result of such
4 > >apparently scathing comments accusing him of being an evil conspirator,
5 > >a wrecker, and traitor, when it wasn't even *him* who introduced the
6 > >keywords in question, he did a by the book bump moving arch -> ~arch for
7 > >all arches listed in keywords.
10 > Book in question sort of presumes that ones who change keywords
11 > *personally* tested that package in question works. You set keyword,
12 > you sign the life of your first-born that it will work. Or at least that's
13 > the way it should be.
14
15 Actually, time and time again, we have heard that if the package is
16 already marked stable on an arch, that it is safe to change that to
17 ~arch when doing version bumps.
18
19 I know that this is the rule that I follow, and haven't had a complaint
20 about it yet.
23 Chris Gianelloni
25 Games - Developer
26 Gentoo Linux