From: Joshua Brindle <method@g.o>
To: Heinrich Wendel <lanius@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Status of GLEP 16
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 10:47:18
1 Does this need a vote? It seems to me to be a proposal entirely
2 contained within -desktop which doesn't need outside approval
3 (necessarily) and therefore if the -desktop managers and devs like the
4 idea it should be proceeded. That said I think this would be a huge
5 benefit to all Gentoo desktop users and fully support it (although I am
6 not part of the -desktop project)
7
8 Joshua Brindle
9
10 Heinrich Wendel wrote:
11
12 > Hi,
13 >
14 > This GLEP exists for a long time now, still it is not accepted. I will outline
15 > the current status:
16 >
17 > * KDE 3.2 (x86) supports this specification
18 > * GNOME 2.6 (~x86) support this specification
19 > * domenu[12_] has to be included in portage to be used by the ebuilds to
20 > install a desktop entry
21 > * Somebody needs to write patches for the other WM's:
22 >
23 > We should focus on adding support to the following WM's first:
24 >
25 > * xfce, blackblox / fluxbox / openbox / waimea / kahakai, icewm
26 > * fvwm, windowmaker, enlightment, afterstep
27 >
28 > The following are not so important, but support some kind of applications
29 > menu:
30 >
31 > * aewm / aewm++ / evilwm / windowlab / oroborus, amiwm, ctwm, flwm
32 > * golem, larswm, pekwm, plwm, pwm, qvwm, selectwm, treewm, trwm
33 > * vtwm, xpde
34 >
35 > mfg, heinrich
38 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list