From: Wout Mertens <wmertens@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Apache security hole and ebuild
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 06:47:01
1 Hey Bjarke,
2
3 On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Bjarke [iso-8859-1] Sørensen wrote:
4
5 > On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 09:44:38AM -0400, Grant Goodyear wrote:
6 > > Actually, all of the changes are documented. Take a look
7 > > at /usr/portage/net-www/apache/ChangeLog.
8 >
9 > Ohh, yeah.
10 >
11 > Just not when you already worked arround this and have this
12 > "complicated/large site". Sorry I missed the announce that something
13 > vital was done to apache. Good thing I havn't blindly upgraded.
14
15 Which is very good, as a "complicated/large site"-admin, you need to test
16 things before you make them happen. If you tweak stuff in a package, you
17 can expect it to break updates...
18
19 > Too many people have problems with it. But maybe we all expected
20 > something more than a note in a changelog for such a change.
21
22 But that is exactly what Changelog is for, notifying the user about what
23 changed. Although I admit it doesn't have a lot of visibility, we might
24 want to do something about that, like an option on emerge that shows the
25 changelogs since your version...
26
27 If you have other ideas, please tell us.
28
29 Wout.