From: Will Glynn <delta407@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Login troubles
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 20:49:51
1 Well, rsync finally let me in, and after a day of compiling, having issues,
2 recompiling, failing, deleting the partial downloads (why tell me to fix it
3 instead of deleting and re-downloading?), and recompiling again, I finally
4 got a working set of utilities and a functional kernel. Anyway, everything
5 boots up okay (finds my disks, network card, USB mouse, etc.), and here's
6 what I get upon logging in:
7
8 thor login: root
9
10 thor login:
11
12 It does the same thing with any user name I punch in -- sit there for a few
13 seconds, and ask me again. On a related note (I think), trying to change the
14 root password before reboot yielded:
15
16 bash: passwd: command not found
17