From: "Hanno Böck" <hanno@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] la-file removal and "|| die"
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 08:55:21
1 Just stepped upon a bug on a .la-file-removal-action that I'd like to share so
2 others don't repeat that bug if we'll soon mass-add la-file-removal-code to
3 ebuilds.
4
5 file-roller-2.32.0.ebuild has these lines:
6
7 find "${ED}"usr/$(get_libdir)/nautilus -name "*.la" -delete \
8 || die "la file removal failed"
9
10 This will die if the directory in place is not found. Unfortunately, this can
11 be the case here as file-roller has a use-flag "nautilus" and the above
12 directory only get's created if this flag is set.
13
14 I don't know if there's any valid reason to add || die to the la-file-removal-
15 command. Anyway, the already proposed eutils-function for lafile-removal would
16 probably be the best way to avoid such problems for good.
19 Hanno Böck Blog: http://www.hboeck.de/
20 GPG: 3DBD3B20 Jabber/Mail: hanno@××××××.de