From: Alin Nastac <mrness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Category rename
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 06:54:25
1 Elfyn McBratney wrote:
2
3 >On Tuesday 19 Apr 2005 06:34, Alin Nastac wrote:
6 >>IMO, www-proxy should be renamed to net-proxy, for allowing me to move
7 >>various SOCKS packages into it.
8 >>The packages qualified for moving are:
9 >> - net-misc/3proxy
10 >> - net-misc/dante
11 >> - net-misc/nylon
12 >> - net-misc/tsocks
13 >>
14 >>I also think now is the time for creating another category containing
15 >>all types of tunnels found in net-misc
16 >>
17 >>Thoughts?
21 >Leave as is. Read the metadata.xml for www-proxy:
22 >
23 > The www-proxy category contains network proxy software.
27 I am aware of that. However, in the event I move socks to this category,
28 the name is misleading. I will not move 'em unless the name is changed.