From: Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: don't rely on dynamic deps
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 18:37:03
1 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >>
3 >> > * Overlays
4 >> Not an issue: Exactly the information of that ebuild
5 >> which *would* be used if you reemerge contains
6 >> the relevant data.
7 >
8 > The association between an installed package and "the ebuild it came
9 > from" doesn't work correctly when overlays around.
10
11 It doesn't have to: That ebuild which would be installed
12 *has* to carry the up-to-date information for that package.
13 Otherwise, the overlay is broken. An overlay is *not* a
14 different slot for a package.
15
16 > Again, you don't understand the issue.
17
18 So, that's it. This was my last reply to your trolling.
19
20 I hope the remaining developers will be smart enough
21 to not let you destroy the distribution again.
22
23 EOD with you.