From: Sherman Boyd <meekrob@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Obtaining Gentoo
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 18:06:55
1 On Wed, 2002-05-01 at 04:38, Kurt Motekew wrote:
2 > The only thing stopping me not being able to buy the full distro on CD,
3 > with documentation in paper format (electronic documentation doesn't do
4 > much good while you are installing the OS on your computer).
5
6 Hi. I like to open the install text (nano -w install.txt) in my first
7 virtual terminal and then switch over (alt-tab) to a new virtual
8 terminal and perform the install. I switch back and forth, it works
9 great. Gentoo moves so fast that it is difficult to provide up to date
10 install docs on the web, let alone in print format.
11
12 CD's are available from a number of places, as cheap as 2.99 I've
13 heard. Search the mailing list:
14 http://fireserver.ath.cx/gentoo/search/index.html
15
16 sherman (aka meekrob)