To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>, hololeap@××××××××××.com, solpeth@××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: various more revdep-less Haskell packages
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 19:10:52
1 Hey mjo, sorry about this - we were somewhat aggressive when building
2 this list because much of the ecosystem has a tendency to do things like
3 put strict upper bounds in their cabal files, leading to lots of
4 blockers and manual patching whenever dependencies get bumped.
5
6 Do any of your packages pull in deps that are in the last-rited list?
7 If not I don't see an issue with keeping them.
8
9 (CC hololeap & solpeth)
10
11 -------- Original Message --------
12 Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: various more revdep-less Haskell
13 packages
14 Date: 2022-08-21 10:37
15 From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
16 To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o